Looking for a festive Christmas shopping experience? Look no further than the AWC's 7th annual, distinctively American Christmas market.
Due to COVID-19, we held our 2020 market online. This year we are pleased to offer a "hybrid" Christmas market -- you can shop online (1-17 November) or in person (20-21 November) -- or both
We will update this page with our infection control measures for the in-person market closer to the dates of the event.
DATES + TIMES
- Shop ONLINE at https://awc-oslo.myshopify.com
from Monday, 1 Nov until Wednesday, 17 Nov at 18.00.
- PICK UP your orders at our in-person market on 20-21 Nov (see details below).
- Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 from 10-16
- Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 from 12.30-16
HOW TO GET THERE + PARKING
The market will be held at Fritznersgate 15, in Frogner, Oslo. As there is limited parking at the Church, we encourage you to use public transportation. Buses 30 and 31 (and many Bærum buses) stop at Frogner kirke—just one block away.
You can pay by VIPPS or card (cash will be accepted at the in-person market).
TAKE PHOTOS WITH SANTA!
Santa Claus will be available for photos at certain times both Saturday and Sunday. Our photographer will take professional digital photos of your children/family, and will send the photos to you by email.
There is a small fee of 50 kroner per sitting. Proceeds go to the Oslo Crisis Center and the AWC Scholarship.
A LITTLE OF WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT OUR MARKET
• Silver jewelry
• Crocheted/hand-knitted and -sewn products – bags, ponchos, scarves and shawls, mittens, baby booties, wrist warmers, Christmas ornaments and decorations.
• Handmade stocking stuffers, teacher gifts + baby items
• Christmas ornaments and small, decorated Christmas trees
• American Christmas food items – cookies, pies, Christmas breads, spices, jams, honey, and more
• Handmade cards
• Dill Pickles fron Nate's Pickles
• Handmade sauces and spices from Wild Fire Foods
• Crocheted pumpkins - perfect for fall decorating
• Other American products
• Sale of used books in English – books are just 10 kr each!
• Café run by the American Lutheran Church in Oslo - ALC
• Raffle of fantastic gift baskets
• Spin-the-wheel table where you win a prize every time!
• And don’t forget…SANTA will be there!
10% of all vendor sales and book purchases, and 100% of the proceeds from the pictures with Santa and bake sale will go to benefit the Oslo Crisis Center and the AWC Scholarship.
PRAMS + STROLLERS MUST BE PARKED OUTSIDE
Please be aware that prams and strollers cannot be brought into the market, and they must be parked outside the building.