We are excited to announce that we have found a safer way to host our 6th annual American Christmas Market in light of the Covid-19 pandemic! While we love the cozy factor of an indoor in-person market, we just can’t risk the health of our vendors, members, and customers. It is still the same distinctively American Christmas market, with the same vendors you know and love -- but you’ll find us online instead of inside! This is a great opportunity to buy handmade gifts for everyone on your list!
Shop from the comfort of your own home from 1-19 November, and pick up your order at our regular market location on 21 November. Just have your order number(s) handy and our Christmas elves will bring your order outside to you. While you are there, you can purchase baked goods from our bake sale, buy raffle tickets for our amazing gift baskets, and have your picture taken with a socially distant Santa Claus (THIS will be one for the scrapbook). All of these activities will take place OUTSIDE.
DATES + TIMES
- Shop ONLINE at https://awc-oslo.myshopify.com from Sunday, 1 Nov at 12:00 (noon) until Thursday, 19 Nov at 18:00.
- PICK UP your orders at Fritznersgate 15 in Frogner, Oslo on Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 between 10:00-18:00.
HOW TO GET THERE + PARKING
There is limited parking at the Church (Fritznersgate 15). Buses stop at Frogner kirke—just one block away.
- In our online shop, you can pay by debit/credit card.
- For in-person purchases on 21 November (raffle, bake sale, etc), we prefer that you pay by VIPPS.
- There will be a small handling fee for each order you make in the online shop.
TAKE SOCIALLY DISTANT PHOTOS WITH SANTA!
Santa Claus will be available for (outdoor) photos at certain times on Saturday the 21st. Our photographer will take photos of your children/family, and send you the photos by email. There is a small fee of 50 kroner per sitting. The proceeds will go to the Oslo Crisis Center and the AWC Scholarship. More information about scheduling and paying for your Santa photos will be provided soon.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT OUR ONLINE MARKET (1-19 NOV)
• Silver jewelry
• Crocheted/knit and sewn products – bags, ponchos, scarves and shawls, mittens, baby booties, wrist warmers, Christmas ornaments and decorations.
• Handmade stocking stuffers, teacher gifts + baby items
• Handmade fabric gift bags
• Christmas ornaments and small, decorated Christmas trees
• Delicious honey
• Handmade cards
• Handmade pickles from Nate’s Pickles
• Handmade sauces and spices from Wild Fire Foods
• Sale of used books in English – most books are just 10 kr each!
WHAT YOU’LL FIND OUTSIDE WHEN YOU PICK UP YOUR ORDER (21 NOV)
• Raffle of fantastic gift baskets
• Bake sale
• And don’t forget…SANTA will be there!
10% of all vendor sales and book purchases, and 100% of the proceeds from the pictures with Santa and bake sale will go to benefit the Oslo Crisis Center and the AWC Scholarship.
There is still a level of uncertainty due to the coronavirus in Oslo, and further restrictions on events could impact our market. We will do our best to adapt our plans for the market if the need arises. We will follow all regulations from FHI and Oslo kommune. We will ensure that our volunteers and customers practice good hand hygiene and maintain a distance of at least one meter from others during the outdoor event on 21 November.
© 2015 AWCO– A FAWCO Member Club | All rights reserved.