Join us -
Frequently Asked Questions
The AWC Scholarship
How to Apply
New to Norway
All About Oslo and Norway
Moving to Norway
Working in Norway
Living in Norway
Things to Do in Oslo
Things to Do for Children
Things to Do in Norway
Add to my calendar
American Christmas Market
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Sunday, November 17, 2019
American Lutheran Congregation
Looking for a festive Christmas shopping experience? Look no further than the AWC's 5th annual, distinctively American Christmas market. From handmade knitted products and funky cloth bags to beautiful Christmas ornaments and silver jewelry, you’ll be able to find something for everyone on your Christmas gifts list. We will also be selling used books (in English)! There is NO ENTRY FEE.
DATES + TIMES
Saturday, 16 Nov 2019 from 10-16
Sunday, 17 Nov 2019 from 12.30-16
HOW TO GET THERE + PARKING
The market will be held at Fritznersgate 15, in Frogner, Oslo. As there is limited parking at the Church, we encourage you to use public transportation. Buses 30 and 31 (and many Bærum buses) stop at Frogner kirke—just one block away.
TAKE PHOTOS WITH SANTA!
Santa Claus will be available for photos at certain times both Saturday and Sunday. We are so pleased that Brooke Ophoff of
Brooke Ashlee Photography
has volunteered her services and will be our photographer both days. She'll take professional digital photos of your children/family using her camera, and send you the photos by email.
There is a small fee of 50 kroner per sitting. The proceeds will go to benefit the Oslo Crisis Center and our scholarship fund.
Santa will be available for photographs at the following times (and will stay as long as there is a line):
• Saturday 16 Nov - TBA
• Sunday 17 Nov - TBA
You can also take Christmas photos without Santa while the market is open.
A LITTLE OF WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT OUR MARKET
• Silver jewelry
• Crocheted/knit and sewn products – bags, ponchos, scarves and shawls, mittens, baby booties, wrist warmers, Christmas ornaments and decorations.
• Handmade stocking stuffers, teacher gifts + baby items
• Handmade glass products
• American Christmas food items – cookies, pies, Christmas breads, spices, jams, honey, and more
• Handmade cards
• Other American products
• Sale of used books in English – books are just 10 kr each!
• Café run by the
American Lutheran Church in Oslo - ALC
• Raffle of fantastic gift baskets
• Spin-the-wheel table where you win a prize every time!
• And don’t forget…SANTA will be there!
INTERESTED IN BEING A VENDOR?
Email us at: email@example.com. Please send a description of the products you would like to sell, and attach photos or links to photos of your products.
* We will accept handmade products only.
* As we are an American Christmas market, we are looking for items that are distinctively American or made by Americans.
* Priority is given to members of the AWC.
* There is no fee to have a stand, but vendors must give 10% of their sales to the AWC (see below).
* Deadline to apply is Sunday 13 October 2019
You can pay by VIPPS, card, or cash.
10% of all vendor sales and book purchases, and 100% of the proceeds from the pictures with Santa and bake sale will go to benefit the Oslo Crisis Center and the AWC Scholarship.
PRAMS + STROLLERS MUST BE PARKED OUTSIDE
Please be aware that prams and strollers cannot be brought into the market, and they must be parked outside the building.
© 2015 AWCO– A FAWCO Member Club | All rights reserved.